Thursday, March 5, 2009



Yesterday I went to the Houston Rodeo. I had my smoothie dinner before I left, but five hours at the rodeo left me quite hungry. Everyone around me was eating all these yummy foods, but nothing that was part of my diet. I searched desperatly after something I could eat, something green, but nothing was found. It left me so frustrated at the choices of food at these events. They had nachos, hot dogs, pretzels, nuts, pizza and that sort of thing, but nothing remotely healthy. No wonder people get overweight in this society.....When i got home I had a salad, but woke up this morning with the worst headache...

2 comments:

Patrick said...

A Texas rodeo stadium might be the most un-PCP place on earth.

What's ironic is that the rodeo cowboys themselves probably wouldn't eat any of that stuff either, as it would mess up their work right?

Amy said...

Patrick,

Rodeo Cowboys (my uncles all rodeo) eat pretty much whatever they want. This includes country/farm foods (think what Amish people would eat) like beef and noodles, casseroles, homemade cakes, pies, cookies but my uncles are not going to pass up a can of Mountain Dew or some Little Debbie snack cakes. They work hard and play hard so they're not super overweight but their bodies started to give out. I don't think they enjoy fruits and vegetables much.

My dad, their brother, who also works hard but not on a horse is a lot more likely to eat a PCP friendly diet. His favorite food in the world is cucumbers and onions soaked in vinegar. he is very fit for a 60 year old guy and still eats a bit of cookies, ice cream, or other treat every day!