Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cooking!


I have never really been a good cook. I cook everyday for me and my family, but I never REALLY felt passionate about it. I feel that is about to change. I have to really work at finding out what tastes good, and how to make things from scratch. In Norway we are used to a lot of half made just add water kind of foods. I did learn something about cooking from living in Japan, they didn't have those things I was used to, but still the creativity wasn't there. I just cooked out of the need for food. I have always been a bad planner when it comes to food, so it's always been the easy way, the quik things....that's all about to change. Now I spend tons of time cooking, and experimenting with herbs and spices, somethings I have found to be delcious, and some things I plain out didn't like, but that's the clue with this project, to find what I like and stick to it. It's all healthy so doesn't really matter if it's turkey or tuna, peppers or broccoli. The secret is in the seasoning. And so many great tasting stuff out there that I never dared to try. Thanks PCP, you've made me into a little cooking daredevil!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Learning to cook is a lifelong asset, I think it should be as mandatory as math and literature in our school systems. There are very few other things you do three times a day, everyday, for the entirety of your life.

Carole said...

ha, i totally agree patrick, then again i have theories about the future of culinary arts which don't include people cooking for themselves.
I'm glad you are discovering this world, for me, few things are more satisfying and instantly gratifying as cooking the food you love.