Friday, January 16, 2009

Day 2


It's been a good ride so far. I hardly eat anything as it is so my husband was a bit worried that I would go from eating very little to eating nothing, but so far no problems. My teeth are another story. I woke up today with a toothache in the tooth I am going to extract on Monday, so I have not to high hopes for a great weekend. Sorry that my blog is so focused on my teeth, but that's really all I think about at the moment.


My workout is going great though, not to hard. The push ups are bit of a drag, but I imagine it will get easier as we go. The jumprope brings back memories from my childhood, used to do that all the time back then, so I kind of enjoy that exercise. I am going in with 100%, so I reach for doing the max amount of repetitions, and not quitting no matter how much it hurts. I have my husband looking at me so I do the exercise correctly. But I have to say it feels GOOD!


It feels great to finally have gotten going on this project, after two months of thinking about it. My good friend Corry, got me so excited early on and kind of took me through the hard parts, so feel prepared for it getting harder than it is now. So after chatting with Patrick, I do try and enjoy this first week, as the tough weeks are ahead!!!!


I am so happy that we are more doing the PCP as we can take eachother through the good and the bad, giving motivation and cheering eachother on a bit. I do think we'll need it. I have to say though that my co PCPers are intimidating, as both are SUPER healthy vegetarians....and 10 years younger than me....puhhh...feeling old isn't great!!!!! It feels like my best years have pasted me by, and that I'm chasing time right now....



Day 2 is going strong. I have planned my normal Friday night dinner with my hubbie. We usually have tacos, and I make it as lean as possible, so half portion today, that will be my day 2 challenge. We usually eat while watching a movie....yeah I know, BAD idea, but that's our time after putting the kids to bed, and we are both worn out after long days, so can't help it really can't help it. But today is the beginning of thinking differently. Watch what I eat no matter where I am...



I am studying to take my American driver's lisence on Tuesday so have to get back to those rules.....so many rules.....but I am going to make it and walk out of that office with a card in my hand and a smile on my face, so I keep on reading!

4 comments:

Patrick said...

You'll be eating more food than you ever have in a few days Lene! I'm glad the tooth thing happened to coincide with this first week. Starting next Thursday it's going to be eat, eat eat!

Nate said...

I second what Patrick said. It gets worse by like week 4. Way too much food! haha

I look forward to following your blog Lene, rock the PCP it's sound like you are really motivated.

Adrian said...

I can relate with the teeth problems. I had two molars extracted during the PCP! Best of luck, I'll be reading your blog.

Carole said...

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold the phone! no one ever said i was super healthy.I am a vegetarian but i also have a passionate and undying love for cake. Im so glad to be doing PCP so i can cleam up my act. I do know how to cook healthy but sometimes the cobbler's children go barefoot. You're doing great!