Monday, February 2, 2009

Caring mum!


Today I have been the loving mum. My son has gotten the flu. Poor little guy. So it's been all about giving him some TLC. Usually my day is all mine, and I get kinda selfish about it, I don't like it when something comes in the way of MY time, but not when it comes to my kids. They can take all the time I have, and I love them even more for it. There is something special about the time I have with my kids, it's just too little of it. The older they get, the more busy they get with their own things. Soccer, practice, playtime, friends, school....not much time for mum in there, but today I had my fill. My son is 11 already and he's just a mammas boy, he loves to hug and hold hands. It was just such an incredible day. Just me and Marcus, hanging out...it's a day full of smile and laughter, even if my little guy is sick...I still hold it in my heart. Love you, Marcus!!!!

2 comments:

Patrick said...

That's sweet.

Joel Longtine said...

Rock it, Lene! I know being a mom is tough, and I'm sure it's hard to see your child having a rough day. Keep on keeping on!