Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday!





Happy Birthday to me! I am so happy that our little treat came during this week, as it would have been very hard not to have any cake on this particular day. I have had the flu today, no wonder since I have had two kids with the flu this week. So my body is aching, cold and hot, and not really cooperating with me. So to be able to indulge in something I shouldn't have, is fantastic. I can't say that it tasted any different, but I sure felt more guilty about having it. So my first treat was 4 red licorice, my absolute favorite candy. I could easily eat the whole package, but today I felt ok with putting it away after 4. Very proud of myself for that!!!!



I baked my cake yesterday, and the smell was incredible, couldn't wait to eat it. But today was like an anti climax sort of. It's been in my sight all day, but I feel like I don't want to have it. I will of course, but just a little later. I am planning on sharing with my kids and my husband who has been out of town for almost a week. He comes home this afternoon, hopefully with a lot of birthday goodies for his wife....


It's been a really good day. My family has all called me from Norway. This is one of those days when I really miss having them around. I have gotten used to not having them there after 5 years abroad, but some days are harder to do without family.


Just had that birthday cake. It tasted yummy, but not as good as I would have thought. Was that what you meant Patrick? But I did enjoy getting cake on my birthday anyhow. It's not a real birthday without the blowing of the candles and everything. My kids sang happy birthday for me, and I opened my presents.


I am planning a movie night with my long missed hubbie. We are watching Nights at Rodanthe with Richard Gere and Diane Lane, I think one of the most romantic movies around, and lit candles everywhere...sitting next to my sweetheart again....can't get any better than that....

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Happy Birthday Lene! It sounds like you're enjoying the best present of all, mindful time with the people you love.

Carole said...

That sounds all so sweet, the cake and the family, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!